Thursday, December 6, 2007

Winter Wounder Land



Woke up the other morning with this hair brain idea to go boating



found my self loading my stuff up and heading north up there in them hills



where i met up with Jack Ditty and the infamous JB. Both amazing boaters and people.



We put on the Big Sandy in the freezing cold with a mission to have fun






And did just that.




Big Splat is one of the best quality drops I've ever run and would recommend it to anyone for a whitewater fix.
Spent the night in Morgantown at Jacks and woke up the next morning to head even more north. Thanks again for the great hospitality Jack.

It had snowed overnight and into the next day. By the time we got to the Top Yough there was about 6 inches on the ground.

Jack said "If you haven't seen the first slide we should probably take a quick look" so we got out to scout. Neither of us really wanted to get out of our boats because how cold it was.



WOW!!! what a great way to start off a great day!!!




With views like this its hard not to love this river.


This was the first time I had paddled in the snow and loved every moment of it. Well, back to Fayetteville for now... Next week i head to TN to get my beat down on in Rock Island. I've been waiting all year to head back. I miss that hole.


Live from WV, John McConville

No comments: